Application Deadline: July 25 2022 at 12:00 p.m. CES
In the kulturweit tandem, two participants from an African country and two from Germany deal with the history of colonialism and its effects on the present. Together you will develop projects against racism that you can implement in theatres, museums and schools, in clubs, initiatives or in companies in Germany.
The program consists of a two-month language course, a one-month seminar in Kenya and a three-month project phase in Germany.
With kulturweit-Tandem you are committed to a world without discrimination. You will gain international experience, give free rein to your creativity during the project phase and establish a network that you can use for a long time to come.
- You can participate if you live in Burundi, Germany, Kenya or Rwanda, are of legal age and have basic language skills in German and English or French.
- You should speak one of the languages very well.
- All participants receive financial support and educational support.
kulturweit offers you:
- Coverage of the international and national travel expenses for flight or train to the seminar location and to the place of assignment and
- Subsidy for the two-month language course (German, English, French or Swahili course)
- Accommodation and meals during the international seminar in Kenya
- a full-time job for three months in an institution in the cultural, educational or sustainability sector in Germany including monthly pocket money of 750 euros
- International health, liability and accident insurance
- Organization and implementation of the accompanying educational program
- a contact person at the deployment site
- a contact person for questions about application, selection and placement, visa and security at the German Commission for UNESCO
- Quality Assurance and Evaluation
What costs will you incur:
- Visa and all associated costs (e.g. travel costs to embassies, consulates or authorities, processing fees, certifications, translations),
- Transfer (bus, train, taxi) to the airport at the place of residence
- all costs that go beyond the monthly subsidy of 750 euros
- for participants from Germany: during the project phase in Germany you remain in your health insurance, you may incur costs. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Multi-day follow-up seminar
The follow-up seminar takes place during the last week of the project phase in Germany. Here all participants meet again to reflect on their experiences and experiences and to develop perspectives and possible collaborations for the time after participation in the program.
educational and networking events
In addition, further educational and networking events will take place during the project phase, such as an interim seminar, in which the participants will reflect on their first weeks together, exchange ideas about their projects and experience encounters that are thematically related to the program.
project phase in germany (at an assignment site)
The core of the project phase is the development and implementation of a project. For this purpose, you should work on your project with your tandem partner during your time at the assignment site. The project plan should ideally match the thematic profile of the assignment location. Because then the deployment site can support you if possible. You are welcome to do a project that also has added value for the assignment site.
kulturweit-Tandem is funded by the Federal Foreign Office and is part of theFederal government’s catalog of measures against right-wing extremism and racism.
For More Information: