- CALL FOR APPLICATIONS TO PARTICIPATE IN THE ARASA 2017 ANNUAL
TRAINING OF TRAINERS PROGRAMME ON HIV, TB AND HUMAN RIGHTS
IN SOUTHERN AND EAST AFRICA
Applications are hereby invited for participation in the AIDS and Rights Alliance for Southern Africa (ARASA) Annual Training of Trainers Programme on HIV, tuberculosis (TB) and human rights advocacy.
In an effort to ensure that ARASA partner civil society organisations (CSOs) have improved capacity to advocate and strengthen capacities of other CSOs, ARASA implements a Regional Training of Trainers (ToT) Programme. The regional training programme is
held on an annual basis for a maximum of 36 participants (2 from each country in the Southern Africa Development Community (SADC) as well as Uganda and Kenya, with a view to developing a pool of expertise on HIV, TB and human rights in the region.
This in turn will contribute to increased advocacy for acceptable, accessible, affordable and quality SRHR, HIV and TB care and support services for people living with HIV and TB and key populations most at risk.
The programme comprises the following combination of training workshops to be conducted in Johannesburg, South Africa on the following provisional dates:
- In the selection of participants, preference will be given to persons who:
- Are staff members of a Civil Society Organization working o TB and human rights across the SADC region and/ or in Kenya and Uganda ;
- Have a basic understanding of HIV, TB and human rights
- Are committed to participate fully in all elements of the Training of Trainers Programme and to carrying out training on HIV, TB and human rights in their own countries ;
- Are committed to submitting the prescribed assignments, which are used to assess participant’s progress and understanding of the training curricula in a timely manner;
- Are committed to promoting a rights-based response to HIV and TB in their own countries as well as regional collaboration on advocacy;
- Have a reasonable command of English.
- People living with HIV, women, key populations at higher risk of HIV (such as sex workers, people who inject drugs, LGBTI people) and people living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted to Bruce Tushabe at: email@example.com and copy Soraya Matthews at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit the documents listed below with your application:
- Your resume/ curriculum vitae
- A one-page letter of motivation setting out why you would benefit from participating in the ARASA Training of Trainers programme and outlining how you intend to use the skills acquired in your own country;
- A letter of support from another organisation working on HIV, TB and human rights in your country; and
- A letter of support from the organisation you are currently working with.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
- All applications must be received by no later than close of business on Friday, 18 November 2016. Kindly note that applications, which are incomplete or received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Should you have any queries kindly contact Bruce Tushabe at email@example.com.
For More Information: