Application Deadline: April 5th, 2022
The Embassy of Ireland in South Africa, the Technology Innovation Agency (TIA) & the Department of Science & Innovation (DSI) invite South African tech entrepreneurs to apply to the Irish Tech Challenge South Africa.
THE PROGRAMME WILL
- EXPAND high impact entrepreneurs scaling globally
- Leverage Ireland’s role as a global tech hub,
- Soften access to European and international markets
- Lean on the South African tech ecosystem as a partner and the South African government.
- Provide a new platform for tech entrepreneurs who address the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
STAGE: Post revenue; Pre-revenue, (but with developed IP or prototype). Venture must demonstrate commercial potential.
SECTORS: All sectors welcome. We are particularly interested in: Clean/Green-Tech, Circular Economies, Med/Health/Biotech, Ed-Tech, WASH (Water, Sanitation, Hygiene)
IMPACT: Addressing one of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals: See SDG list
TEAM: At least one founder/CEO must be full-time; Women-led or youth-led businesses are particularly encouraged to apply
OWNERSHIP: At least 51% owned by a South African and/or partnership with an Irish national
GEOGRAPHY: Headquartered in South Africa or Ireland
- Access top tech-leaders’ expertise in Ireland
- Build their network in Ireland, Europe & South Africa
- Receive up to €10,000 funding each
- A funded 10-day curated business networking programme in Ireland
- 24 Feb: Launch of the challenge
- 17 March: Information session
- 5 April: Submission deadline
- 2 May: Awards Communicated
- Early-mid June: Trip to Ireland and Acceleration program
For More Information: