Application Deadline: Sunday 13th August, midnight East Africa time;
new Art new Audiences (nAnA) is an annual open call for 18 to 35-year-old artists, arts organisations, and art collectives from cities within England; Ethiopia; Kenya; Northern Ireland; Rwanda; Scotland; South Sudan; Sudan; Tanzania; Uganda; and Wales. nAnA gives an opportunity for artists from these cities to create new art together, and to showcase
this art to audiences across these countries.
nAnA 2017 Key Information:
- nAnA will fund 5 new projects in 2017;
- Up to £30,000 will be allocated to each project;
- Artists, arts organisations and/ or art collectives from the specified countries ( listed above) must connect to co-create, co-facilitate or co-produce new art together. Examples of ways to interpret this criterion can be found in the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- nAnA 2017 is particularly interested in supporting projects by artists, arts organisations and/or art collectives that already have, and want to build upon, cross country collaborations and connections. New partnerships are also encouraged and in the FAQs, you will see how British Council are offering support to identify arts partners in the UK and the East African region;
- There are no restrictions on art forms and there are no restrictions on themes.
nAnA 2017 Eligibility:
- Applicants can apply as an individual artist(s), an arts organisation(s) or an art collective(s);
- Each project must focus on the creation of a new piece, or a new body of art;
- At least three different countries must be involved in the project, with at least two of these countries being from the East African region (and from the countries specified above);
- nAnA focuses on supporting art sectors within cities from the countries specified-artists, artworks and audiences must be connected to cities;
- Each project must focus on reaching an 18 to 35-year-old face to face, and online audience.
- nAnA aims to increase the visibility and awareness of new contemporary art from East Africa and the UK.
- The engagement of an online and/or face to face audience is therefore essential;
- All key contributors involved in the project must be between 18 and 35-years-old;
- The projects can be match funded by other financial partners;
- Applicants can apply more than once to new Art new Audiences;
- Those who received nAnA 2016 grants (either primary or secondary partner) are also eligible to apply to nAnA 2017. However a primary nAnA 2016 partner cannot apply as the lead partner for nAnA 2017;
- All projects must be completed within 12 months of receiving funds from the British Council;
- A mid-project report and an end of project report will be expected in order to receive payment, a template will be provided for these reports;
nAnA 2017 Selection Timeline:
- Grant Opens Saturday 1st July;
- Application deadline Sunday 13th August, midnight East Africa time;
- Shortlisting: Monday 14th August – Thursday 8th September;
- Shortlisted candidates notified and invited to interview: Friday 8th September;
- Skype interviews with shortlisted applicants: Monday 11th – Friday 15th September;
- Final selection: Monday 18th – Thursday 21st September;
- All applicants informed: Friday 22nd September.
For More Information: