Application Deadline: August 1st 2015
The Harry Frank Guggenheim Foundation welcomes proposals from any of the natural and social sciences and the humanities that promise to increase understanding of the causes, manifestations, and control of violence and aggression. Highest priority is given to research that can increase understanding and amelioration of urgent problems of violence and aggression in the modern world.
The Research Grant
- Most awards fall within the range of $15,000 to $40,000 per year for periods of one or two years.
- Applications for larger amounts and longer durations must be very strongly justified.
- The foundation awards research grants to individuals (or a few principal investigators at most) for individual projects and does not award grants to institutions for institutional programs
- Applicants for a research grant may be citizens of any country. While almost all recipients of the research grant possess a Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent degree, there are no formal degree requirements for the grant.
- The grant, however, may not be used to support research undertaken as part of the requirements for a graduate or doctoral program.
- Applicants need not be affiliated with an institution of higher learning, although most are college or university professors.
For More Information:
- Applications are submitted online
- Apply Now for the Harry Frank Guggenheim Foundation Research Grant