Nomination Deadline: August 27 2014
The 2014 CIVICUS Innovation Awards aims to raise awareness about civic space – the rights to speak out, organise and take action – by highlighting innovative campaigns for social change and celebrating the individuals and organisations behind them.
You can nominate a Youth Leader, Individual Activist or Civil Society Organisation that has inspired you through an innovative campaign for positive social change.
Is there an activist or organisation in your country, city or community that everyone should know about? We want to celebrate them! Submit your nominations today by visiting the Be The Change platform and tell us who you think should receive the 2014 CIVICUS Innovation Award.
The winners from each category – Youth Leader, Individual Activist and Civil Society Organisation – will receive a fully funded trip to attend International Civil Society Week 2014 from 19-25 November 2014 in Johannesburg, South Africa. They will also have a short video made about their work and will be presented their award at the 2014 CIVICUS Innovation Awards ceremony on 25 November.
HOW TO NOMINATE:
- Visit our awards website and choose whether your nominee fits the criteria for Youth Leader, Individual Activist or Civil Society Organisation.
- Fill in the required information about the nominee online explaining why you think they should win.
- Once you are finished providing the required information, click SUBMIT and the posting will immediately be available online.
- Be sure to share your nomination through your social media channels!
- Round trip airfare to Johannesburg, South Africa from 19-25 November 2014
- Waived International Civil Society Week registration fees for November 2014
- Accommodation in Johannesburg for 4 nights / 5 days for the International Civil Society Week – including the majority of meals
- Daily stipend to cover food and transportation
- A short video explaining their campaigning and activist work
- Award that will be presented on 25 November during the award ceremony
For More Information: