Submission Deadline: February 28 2017
AU ECHO 2017 : “Harnessing the Demographic Dividend through Investments in Youth’’
The AU ECHO will be distributed to Heads of State and Government of the African Union and other delegates as well as to offices of the African Union. Soft copies will be posted online to reach partners, academic institutions, media, civil society organisations and African citizens.
Young people in Africa are an enormous resource for the continent’s developments. It is in this regard that African Union Heads of State and Government declared the theme for 2017 as ‘Harnessing the Demographic Dividend through Investments in Youth’.
The AU ECHO provides a platform for the 54 Member States of the African Union, and African citizens to profile the successes of Africa, and to impart knowledge and experiences born from African led initiatives, based in the instruments and decisions of the African Union. It is published on an annual basis by the Directorate of Information and Communication (DIC) of the AUC, with a key focus on content aligned to the AU’s Theme of the Year.
The scope of the 2017 edition of the AU ECHO calls for evidence based articles on the progress that has been achieved as well as innovative initiatives that are being undertaken at institutional, country and continental level, with regard to harnessing the demographic dividend through investment in the youth, guided by the relevant AU frameworks.
Contributions are being sought from organs and employees of the African Union, member states, academic institutions, think tanks, civil society organizations, women’s organizations and the wider public. The editors reserve the right to reject papers they deem to be inconsistent with the guidelines outlined in this call for papers.
- Languages: Articles for publication may be submitted in any of the AU working languages i.e. English, French, Portuguese and Arabic
- Word count: Not more than 2000 words per articl
- Illustrations: Photographs and other illustrations that enhance the article are welcome, although these must be original to the author and/or under a creative commons license
- All submissions must contain the full name and contact of the sender, his/her organization and job title (if applicable)
- Send your manuscript to the Editor at [email protected] with a copy to [email protected] and [email protected]
Manuscript submission Deadline February 28 2017
Publication: May 2017
For More Information: