Application Deadline: May 21st 2018
The organizers of the 2018 ICFP are seeking youth leaders aged 18 to 25 years old to be keynote speakers, media makers and moderators for sessions at the conference. Young people who are selected will have conference registration and travel costs covered, and will play an essential role in providing a youth perspective and voice to the program.
In the spirit of using digital communications to spread the word about family planning, the 2018 ICFP will be accepting applications for youth speakers through video submissions. This format was used for the 2013 and 2016 conference and was very successful.
In order to enter the youth video contest, you must be between the ages of 18 and 25 on or before 1 November 2018 (born between 1 November 1993 and 1 November 2000). You can only enter the contest once.
- All youth applicants must complete their own video submission, but may seek assistance from local organizations or other resources.
- At least one professional reference should be provided in support of the candidate’s qualifications.
- The applicant must have experience in the field of family planning and/or sexual and reproductive health and rights (SHRH) or adolescent health in order to be able to serve as a speaker and/or moderator at conference sessions.
- It is encouraged that the applications talk about family planning in relation to the conference theme – Investing for a Lifetime of Returns – or make a creative video related to the theme. The conference theme speaks to the various returns on investment family planning provides, from education and empowerment to economic growth and environmental health as well as quality of life and wellbeing.
- A selection jury consisting of members of the 2018 ICFP International Youth Steering Committee will choose the winning entries. The top candidates will be chosen to speak, moderate or have other roles in voicing the youth perspectives on family planning during the conference in Kigali, Rwanda
- Clarity of family planning message
- Ability to speak eloquently and convey a message to an audience
- Background and reference
- Interest and ability to learn and contribute to the conference
- The video is to highlight your experience with family planning, your creativity and your ability to convey an important message to an audience. You may use photos, music or other graphics, but you must also speak during the video.
- The submission must be your original work.
- You, the applicant, must hold all rights to the submission including the copyright. You may get assistance from organizations or individuals ( e.g., for equipment), but the actual video MUST depict your unique qualifications.
- The submission must be at least thirty (30) seconds in length and may not exceed five (5) minutes in length. In the case that a longer video is provided, a start and end point of a 5-minute time segment must be indicated.
- Please ensure clarity of image and sound in the video submission (for transfer onto multimedia screen and visibility from a distance).
- The submission must be in either French or English. Submissions in other languages should include English/French subtitles.
- You will have to make the video publicly available and downloadable so that when you submit the URL, we can access your video.
- In the case that you do not have access to equipment or cannot for other reasons create a video, please contact Kate Baye and Jill Gedeon [email protected]
- Attempts will be made to connect you with local organizations or other sources of support. You may also be able to use existing material such as recorded speeches; however, it is encouraged that new material is added that specifically relates to the conference application
For More Information: