Submission Deadline: Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 16:00.
The High Commission of Canada in Abuja is pleased to announce that it is accepting project proposals for Nigeria under the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI) exercise for FY2016-17. For over three decades, Canada has funded modest development assistance projects in developing countries through the CFLI. The CFLI is administered by Global Affairs Canada in Nigeria in support of on-going strengthening of civil society, human rights and good governance across the country.
Recipient country partners may be non-governmental organizations or other types of community groups based in Nigeria only. Assistance to individuals and private businesses is not provided.
The CFLI only provides contributions to projects and does NOT provide funding or support to: routine operating costs of an organization such as monthly rent or electricity bills, ongoing or recurring projects, large-scale construction, and non-project-related general budgetary needs. Exchanges, such as bringing experts over from Canada or sending people to Canada to participate in training, are not eligible for funding. Materials and supplies required for projects should be locally procured wherever possible and feasible.
Eligible projects must apply to one or more of the following priority sectors.
- Championing peaceful pluralism and respect for diversity;
- Advancing human rights, especially LGBTI rights;
- Promoting gender equality and empowerment of women and girls, specifically ending child marriage and increasing political participation of women;
- Climate change advocacy;
- Promoting stability and security through community-level conflict prevention.
- The average contribution is $20,000 – $35,000 Canadian Dollars (approx. N3 million-N5.25 million, depending on currency fluctuations). Maximum contribution is $50,000 Canadian Dollars (approx. N7.5 million).
Project activities funded by the CFLI must start no earlier than July 15, 2016 and be completed no later than February 28, 2017.
Proposals should be submitted electronically to the CFLI Coordinator at [email protected] with copy to [email protected]. The firm deadline for applications within this Call for Proposals is Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 16:00. Proposals received after this deadline will not be taken into consideration.
To request CFLI guidelines and application forms please contact: [email protected]
For More Information: