Application Deadline: April 16th, 2023
Advance your career and take the next step to becoming a pro photographer with the Canon Student Development Programme. The programme offers students across Europe, Middle East and Africa an incredible opportunity to meet leading experts, attend key industry events and have their portfolios professionally assessed.
All entrants (“Entrants”) must:
- be aged 18 and over at the date April 16th, 2023;
- reside in the countries listed below and:
- have started or completed an education programme in the countries listed below during the academic year 2022-2023, or
- be engaged in internships by agencies or magazines within the same period; or
- be nominated/endorsed by professionals from the photographic industry
- Canon reserves the right to verify Entrants eligibility and admission by requesting a copy of your ID and either proof of your enrolment on a qualifying course/internship/agency, or for those entering under nomination by photographic industry professionals, a letter of recomendation from the endorsing professional.
- Participants who attended Module 2 or 3 of the 2022 Canon Student Development Programme are not eligible to enter and/or participate.
- Employees of the Organiser, its subsidiary companies, their families, agents and other parties directly involved with this Programme and the sponsorship are not eligible to enter.
- 100 entrants will be selected and mentored remotely by industry professionals in relation to their portfolio;
- up to 30 of those 100 entrants (as judged by an independent panel) will be selected to attend a 5 day workshop prior to attending the Visa pour l’image festival; and
- 5 of the 30 participants will be selected to: attend the Hamburg Portfolio review, receive a €2k grant and Canon product. Please see full terms and conditions herein.
100 students, selected by editors from top media agencies including AFP, EPA and Reuters will receive 1-2-1 mentorships.
- Exclusive workshop
Up to 30 students will be invited to a career-defining workshop in Girona, Spain and attend Visa pour l’Image, the international festival of photojournalism in Perpignan, France.
- Hamburg Portfolio Review
5 students will be offered an exclusive place at the Hamburg Portfolio Review.
- Prestigious prizes
The final 5 will receive up to €9k worth of Canon kit and a €2k grant.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Canon Student Development Programme 2023