Application Deadline: December 31st 2016
Job Title : INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME at UNFPA Headquarters in New York
Job ID : 3098
Location : Multiple Locations
Full/Part Time : Full-Time
Regular/Temporary : Regular
The UNFPA Internship Program offers a small group of outstanding students the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to UNFPA operations. It is designed to complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in various aspects of UNFPA work.
Applicants should have expressed interest in the field of development; ability to adapt to new environments and work with individuals from different cultural backgrounds. Interns work under the supervision of a staff member at UNFPA. The background of the interns is matched with the needs of the organization.
Qualifying for an Internship:
Candidates for the internship programme are selected on a competitive basis. The profiles of the interns are matched with the needs of the organization. The following qualifications are required for consideration:
• Students should be enrolled in an advanced degree programme or have recently graduated;
• Students must have written and spoken proficiency in English; fluency in French, Spanish or Arabic is an asset.
- Interns do not receive a salary or any other form of remuneration from UNFPA.
- The costs associated with an intern’s participation in the programme must be assumed either by the nominating institution, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students, or by the students themselves, who will have to meet living expenses as well as make their own arrangements for accommodation, travel and other requirements.
- In addition, applicants must have medical insurance for the duration of the internship. Proof of insurance will need to be submitted before the internship begins.
Apply Now for the 2016/2017 United Nations Population Fund Internship Programme
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the 2016/2017 United Nations Population Fund Internship Programme