Application Deadline: November 30th 2018
Every year Investec sends a group of young entrepreneurs from various sectors to specifically selected countries in order to gain global exposure. Each itinerary provides them with opportunities to network and to engage with venture capitalists, funders and captains of industry. The aim is for them to return home not only stimulated and inspired, but also with a list of potential partners, funders and markets for their product or service.
The programme offers young South African entrepreneurs exposure to global business thinking. Investec CSI identifies a specific sector and global destination leading within that sector. A week long carefully curated itinerary is crafted for a group of young entrepreneurs who are selected to participate in the programme and gain global exposure. The aim is for them to return to South Africa with global insights, learning, innovation, potential partners, collaborations, funders and markets for their product or service.
The trip is the start of a partnership that Investec CSI forms with the selected entrepreneurs in realising their success and potential at an accelerated pace.
- Grow entrepreneurial networks by creating business contacts between South African entrepreneurs and their international counterparts.
- Facilitate access to people of inspiration and industry-specific knowledge.
- Showcase social and for-profit entrepreneurship approaches which provide insights into how businesses can be a force for good in society.
- Expose how technology and new methods of thinking can be applied to improve business.Showcase the best of South African entrepreneurs and initiate engagement with potential investors, companies and other stakeholders.
- South African citizen under the age of 40
- The business must be operational for at least 2 years or more
- Business turnover must be under R50M per year
- The entrepreneur must be a “full time” in the business and have a stake / ownership in the business
- The business must be a South African based, for profit business.
Investec in partnership with UCT’s Graduate School of Business Foundation and the Startup School which was founded by some of South Africa’s most successful entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs have worked together to bring entrepreneurs The Startup School. Startup School offers you, the entrepreneur, the opportunity to expand on your business insight through a challenging and interactive 12 week online learning journey.
For More Information: