Application Deadline: 11:59 PM (Nairobi Time) on July 15, 2017.
- Applicants must be PhD graduates of the CARTA program.
- They must demonstrate strong commitment to research capacity building at their institutions as well as potential for research leadership.
- The postdoctoral fellowship award will cover travel costs and a monthly stipend of $3,000 for up to 1 2 months fulltime placement.
- Other benefits include medical insurance and one international conference participation.
- Additional funds will be available for the development of new research collaborations and partnerships, development of pilot projects, or training opportunities on specific skills.
- Due to the short-term nature of the postdoctoral research fellowship program, the fellowships will not cover accompanying dependents.
- A completed application form
- Updated CV showing publications and awards
- Two letters of recommendation, one from a senior academic who understands your research and potential and a second one from your head of department or dean
- A statement of support from the prospective host institution indicating its willingness to host the applicant and who the mentor will be
- A statement from the current employer indicating willingness to release the applicant for the postdoctoral training opportunity
- E-copies of your most significant publications over the last three years
Fellows will be deemed to have completed their PhDs if they successfully defend their dissertations, have their revised dissertations formally accepted by the university, or have their PhDs formally announced or awarded by the university.
Application documents should be submitted to the CARTA Program Manager ([email protected]) by 11:59 PM (Nairobi Time) on July 15, 2017. The email should have on the subject line: Application for 2017 CARTA post-doctoral fellowships.
All enquires related to this call should be addressed to:
CARTA Program Manager
P.O Box: 10787-00100
Office Tel: +254 20 400 1000
Fax: +254 20 400 1101
Email: [email protected]
For More Information: