Application Deadline: March 1st 2017
The Nestle Nutrition Institute offers grants for research skills trainings which can help in performing research in the fields of mother and child health and nutrition. We offer these fellowship grants to health professionals from anywhere in the world* applying for post-graduate research training. The duration of the training can last up to 12 months. All institutions offering a training programme in the area of Maternal and/or Child Health and Nutrition are eligible to be a host institution.
To attend a training program on research skills and knowledge.
Such program could include, but is not limited to: learning a specific laboratory technique, statistics, nutrition, etc.
- The NNI grant up to 40’000 CHF can be used to pay course registration fees, round trip travel to the host institution, lodging and living expenses and health insurance coverage for the duration of the course.
- The amount of 40’000 CHF applies for the longer length projects (12 months).
- A proportion of this amount will be paid to shorter duration projects.
- The NNI grant will be given to the Host Institution which will disburse it to the fellow.
- In no case will any money be given directly from the NNI to the fellow.
- Fellowships are available for post graduate qualifications only.
- Fellow has to be affiliated with an academic/clinical institution
- Potential candidates should submit an application describing their interest in participating in the NNI Research training Fellowship.
- The application form must be accompanied by the following:
- 1. Details of their current level of training,
- 2. Curriculum Vitae,
- 3. A plan of the proposed training/activity clearly indicating its specific outcomes and
- 4. Two letters of recommendation (1 from the institution where the candidate is working and 1 from the host institution*).
- 5. Letter stating intent to return to the home country upon completion of the training program.
*Host Institution (Sites) – any scientific institution offering a program in the fields of Maternal and/or Child Health and Nutrition
Clinical fellowships * are offered to post-graduate health care professionals from developing countries working in the field of pediatric nutrition and gastroenterology. Fellowships are available in the leading partner institutions listed below. Duration of the training ranges from 12 to a maximum of 24 months. Applications have to be addressed directly to the training sites. The training sites submit the applications from selected candidates to the NNI. The NNI external Board of Advisors evaluates the applications and makes a decision for acceptance.
After completion of their training, candidates return to their home country to put in practice the knowledge gained and help to improve healthcare locally.
* Not Available To Health Care Professionals in the United States
For More Information: