Application Deadline: December 31st 2016
The University Scholarship Scheme, a programme run by SPDC on behalf of the NNPC/Shell/Elf/Agip Joint Venture, makes a quiet but very profound commentary on the company’s interest in the promotion of capacity building in the country.
Every year, more than 4,000 Nigerian undergraduates write aptitude tests to join the evergrowing list of students which Shell Nigeria supports in Nigerian Universities. The applicants are shortlisted on the basis of the national SSCE and JAMB examination results. This is followed by an aptitude test at the PortHarcourt, Warri, Enugu, Lagos and Abuja centres.
There are two categories of the Scholarship Scheme:
- The National Merit Award (NM), open to Nigerian undergraduates and
- Areas of Operation Merit Award (AOM), for students from communities in which Shell Nigeria operates.
- Only first year students are eligible for the awards in both categories.
An average of 16,000 applicants respond to advertisements by Shell Nigeria every year, inviting qualified candidates to apply for the scholarships which are tenable only in Nigerian Universities.
How to Apply
- All applicants should have their personal valid email accounts (for consistent communication).
- Candidates who meet the above entry qualifications should apply online at www.shellnigeria.com and to provide the required personal and educational details, and load scanned copies of the following:
- A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant (i.e. jpeg format, not more than 200kilobytes);
- University or JAMB (UTME or D/E) Admission Letter;
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Scores;
- ‘O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable; and
- Letter of Identification from State (showing Local Government) of Origin.
- Scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
- The Chairman of the Community Development or Executive Council (CDC or CEC) is also required of applicants for the Operational Area Awards (OM).
- The letters should be addressed to The Manager, Social Investment, Shell Petroleum Development Company, Prodeco 5, Room 10, Shell Industrial Area, Rumubiakani, Port Harcourt.
For More Information: