Application Deadline: June 30th 2017
In order to participate in the East and Southern Africa Regional Consultation you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be between 18 and 29 years old.
- Must be able to demonstrate work/volunteer experience on issues related to peace and security, including: peace processes, social cohesion, reconciliation, transitional justice, security sector reform, disarmament demobilization and reintegration, etc. This may also include: development, humanitarian action, local and national governance, advocacy, activism, human rights, gender equality, etc. in relation to peace and security.
*Young people working with youth-led organizations, movements, initiatives and networks are highly encouraged to apply.
A total of 30 participants will be selected from 22 countries throughout East and Southern Africa, including: Angola, Botswana, Burundi, Djibouti, DRC, Comoros, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Madagascar, Namibia, Rwanda, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- One participant will be selected from low-medium risk countries: Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Lesotho, Malawi, Madagascar, Namibia, Rwanda, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Two participants will be selected from high / very high-risk countries: Burundi, Djibouti, DRC, Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, and South Sudan.
- All expenses, including travel and accommodation will be covered by the United Nations.
- Successful applicants will be notified by email.
- United Nations Security Council Resolution 2250 (2015)
- A Guide to UN Security Council Resolution 2250
- Amman Youth Declaration
Please send all enquiries to: [email protected].
For More Information: