Application Deadline: 20th September 2022.
We Create Change is an immersive transformational leadership program that equips emerging changemakers with skills for digital campaigning. The program aims to build a community of advocacy champions in Kenya. This program is organised by Change.org as part of the mission to empower the most marginalised groups in society, and aims to support youth to identify their purpose and
agency and develop their digital campaigning expertise.
We Create Change is the successor to She Creates Change, which was launched in India in 2017 and has trained over 300 women across India, Indonesia, Nigeria, and Columbia and has had a transformational impact on building movements and driving systems change. Our program alumnus have won 50 policy level changes, mobilizing over 12 million signatures as public support.
We Create Change Program will launch in Kenya and the online workshop will be held from 9th to 13th January, a 5-day long series of immersive online training with some of the most influential guest speakers and facilitators handpicked from our network
- Build your skills to start powerful digital campaigns that can amplify the issue areas you want to work on
- Enhance your social capital through a community of peers working towards creating social impact
- Find tools to improve your storytelling, research, social media engagement and media interactions
- Learn how to engage with decision makers who can influence the issue you want to work on
All change makers will publish their online petitions and will receive personalised campaigning support for a year after their training from our team and will have lifelong access to the rapidly growing community of We Create Change alumnus.
- We Create Change is looking for candidates who are passionate about health, sanitation, education, gender equality and climate change, want to learn and use digital campaigning to bring change, are open to diverse points of view and have taken action in the past for their cause area.
- Preference will be given to youth, between the age of 18-35, belonging to and/or working with marginalised and underrepresented communities across Kenya.
We Create Change is looking for 40 changemakers who want to lead powerful campaigns on issues of health, sanitation, education, gender equality and climate change. Changemakers will publish their petitions during their training and will receive personalised campaigning support for a year afterwards. They will then be initiated into the first ever Kenyan alumni community of the We Create Change program at the end of their training. Community-level support and engagement will be lifelong.
- The 1st We Create Change Learning Lab in Kenya will be held from the 9th to 13th January, 2023 through 5-days of immersive online training sessions from 3pm to 6pm delivered in a combination of asynchronous (reading materials) and synchronous formats (live zoom sessions).
Change.org will make all the virtual arrangements and provide a data package to selected finalists.
- Fill out the form to the organisers know you’re interested in undertaking the We Create Change journey and becoming part of this vibrant and powerful change makers community.
- Only fully completed applications will be considered
- You can find more details on the application form.
- The deadline for applications is 20th September 2022.
- Come be part of a national movement of changemakers campaigning to create a better future for Kenya.
For More Information: