Application Deadline: 10am BST 5 May 2023.
The Chatham House Academy Fellowship is a joint initiative with the Mo Ibrahim Foundation. It offers candidates at the early-to-mid-stage of their career the opportunity to spend ten months at Chatham House working on an individual research project of their choosing.
Fellows take part in the core work of the Institute, developing their skills through the leadership programme, and furthering their professional network in the field of international affairs.
The fellowship is open to citizens of any African country.
Applications will also be accepted from applicants holding dual nationality which includes any African country.
Applicants must hold a completed BA degree or equivalent and have experience with conducting research.
The ideal candidate should be at the early-to-mid-stage of their career and come from one of the following fields or work: academia, NGO, business, government departments, civil society or the media. All applicants should possess knowledge of, and an interest in, international affairs, their chosen area of research, and Chatham House’s mission and research.
There are no age restrictions for applicants.
Academy Fellows will spend ten months at Chatham House between October 2023 and July 2024.
The fellow will be based full-time at Chatham House, London with hybrid working also possible.
Remuneration and benefits
- The fellow will receive a monthly stipend of £2,365 which will cover London living costs, including accommodation, utilities, food, transport and other basic expenses.
- The Academy will cover costs related to relocation, visas and payment of the UK’s Immigration Healthcare Surcharge which allows access to the UK National Health Service (Note: candidates may be required to pay for dental and optical treatments and medicines prescribed by a doctor), fieldwork and travel, research activities, and possible publication.
To apply for this fellowship, we need:
- The applicant’s CV/résumé
- The names of two referees
- The applicant’s proposal for a research project (see PDF for details)
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Chatham House Mo Ibrahim Foundation Academy Fellowship 2023/2024