Application Deadline: 9:00am EDT on Monday October 15, 2018.
Global Citizen Prize for Youth Leadership presented by Cisco to recognize and lift up a young person positively impacting the world, as a way to demonstrate the impact that young people are having on achieving our common goals.
Selected via an application process, the Youth Leadership prize honors an individual aged 18-30 who has contributed meaningfully towards the goal of ending global poverty. The award includes a $250,000 prize paid to the organization to which the individual contributes.
- You must not be a citizen of a country or entity subject to financial or other sanctions by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) or other government entity of the United States of America that may restrict the transfer of the Prize.
- You must not be an employee of Global Citizen or Cisco.
- You must not be any organizations who have previously received prize funding or direct grant funding from Cisco or the Cisco Foundation.
You must be 18-30 years old as of December 2, 2018, and be able to travel to South Africa in early December to accept prize.
For period of three years, you must be willing to do media interviews and appearances, and grant rights to GC and Cisco to use name, likeness and related content in GC or Cisco marketing campaigns and on GC or Cisco owned-platforms, such as cisco.com, globalcitizen.org and social platforms.
The 2018 winner will receive:
- USD $250,000 awarded to a person or specific people on behalf of an organization that is judged to best fit selection criteria.
- An all-inclusive round-trip to Johannesburg, South Africa to attend the Prize Ceremony at the Global Citizen Mandela 100 Festival.
- Networking and development opportunities to support your work.
Judging will be based on 5 equally-weighted criteria:
Demonstrated track-record of measurable impact at scale over last 3-5 years advancing one or more of the Global Goals.
Compelling vision and concrete plans for how to extend this work in the next 3-5 years, including how the prize will advance efforts.
Inspires other young people to have an impact on achieving one or more of the Global Goals.
Demonstrates the values and embodies the spirit of a Global Citizen and a Global Problem Solver.
Innovates with technology or Internet-based communications to improve efficiency, reach, and magnify impact.
For More Information: