Application Deadline: Ongoing
Conceptualised and presented by the Cape Innovation & Technology Initiative (CiTi), the programme aims to create an empowering atmosphere for women who are eager to infuse technology into their businesses. The programme boasts a supportive and creative environment that exposes female entrepreneurs to the latest available technology resources to improve and grow their business.
Participants will benefit from access to comprehensive information and experience shared by highly skilled facilitators and mentors. The program provides a forum for entrepreneurs to introduce efficient systems and processes through the implementation of technology products and services that promote growth, sustainability and scale-up.
The programme is implemented through a series of facilitated interactive sessions. These sessions are designed to clarify, test and apply business learnings whilst maximising peer-to-peer knowledge sharing practices.
Participants are provided with the opportunity to focus on strengthening their personal entrepreneurial abilities while learning critical business skills. The programme allows entrepreneurs the intellectual space to focus in a flexible and accessible way.
Participants are guided through each stage of business development via monthly face-to-face community mentorship sessions during which they are given the opportunity to learn, share information and collaborate.
To apply for the Women in Business programme, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Female founders and CEOs with a desire to introduce or improve technology in their businesses (at least 51% female-owned)
- Business must be registered (CIPC) and operational for at least 6-12 months.
- Business must be tax compliant and have a valid BBBEE status (certificate/affidavit)
- Applicants must be 25 years or older
- Be available to join one workshop per week (half day) for the duration of the 10-week programme (where applicable , we have adapted a sizable portion of the programme to be online)
- On completion of the 10 week modular programme, be available once a month for mentorship sessions over a period of 10 months
- Where possible, workshops are held at both our Woodstock and Khayelitsha venues. Successful applicants must be able to travel to one of the specified venues. If face-to-face workshops are not possible; an online format will be utilised to deliver components of the programme
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Cape Innovation & Technology Initiative (CiTi)Top Tech Tools for Women in Business Programme