Application Deadline: December 21, 2018 (5:00p.m. WAT).
Do you have an idea in governance, Civic Participation and Institutional Efficiency that solves problems using civic technology? Then the Civic Hive Fellowship is for you!
The Civic Hive fellowship program started last year where it featured solutions that are fixing Nigeria, one at a time. The focus is to deepen the civic technology and government technology space in Nigeria, thus strengthening the ability of citizens to influence sustainable change. Civic Hive is focused on strengthening the bond between citizens and the government geared towards a more equitable society that works for all.
- Civic Hive will provide a monthly stipend of N150,000 meant to cover feeding and accommodation. We will also hold two rounds of engagements with donors and stakeholders on the ideas to receive feedback and potential support.
- Other sessions on grant report writing, team management, finance management, and project management will be handled by the Civic Hive Team.
- Due to the number of expected applications, we will conduct reviews and interviews in January. Interviews will be done by our selected team of judges which include experienced civil society leaders, private sector experts, and ex-leads of government institutions.
- Announcement of winners will be done on February 22, 2019.
- Fellows will be informed earlier to ensure media materials are provided for the announcement.
- The inaugural session for the 2018/2019 cohort will be on March 4, 2019, and will end on August 31, 2019.
- Winners will be allowed to work freely, receive mentorship for a period and additional support till December 2019.
Civic Hive does not guarantee receipt of donor/for-profit support to winners nor success of the idea. Civic Hive is open to failure and fatigue by the winners of this call and using an inclusive approach, we reserve the right to drop any of the winners along the process.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Civic Hive fellowship program 2019