The Early Decision and Travel Assistance deadline is 11:59 PM on March 16, 2018.
The Regular Decision deadline is 11:59 PM on April 23, 2018.
Building on the successful model of the Clinton Global Initiative, President Clinton launched the Clinton Global Initiative University (CGI U) in 2007 to engage the next generation of leaders on college campuses around the world.
Each year, CGI U hosts a meeting where students, university representatives, topic experts, and celebrities come together to discuss and develop innovative solutions to pressing global challenges. Students create their own Commitments to Action that address issues on campus, in local communities, or around the world. Since 2008, students have made more than 6,250 commitments, and nearly $3 million in funding has been awarded to these commitment-makers through CGI U.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and currently enrolled in an institution of higher education at the time of application. (Ex: A student graduating in the Spring of 2018 would be eligible to apply.)
- Students who will be at least 18 years of age and enrolled in an institution of higher education by October 2018 are also eligible to apply. (Ex: A high school senior who turns 18 years of age in June 2018 and commences university studies by October 2018 or a university graduate enrolling in an advanced degree program by October 2018 would also be eligible to apply.)
- The meeting is free to attend, but you are responsible for your travel and lodging expenses. You may also be eligible to receive funding for your commitment through the CGI University Network.
CGI U seeks to provide commitment-makers with various funding opportunities for their work. Current funding opportunities are outlined below, and will be updated regularly.
The CGI University Network
- If your school is a member of the CGI University Network, you may be eligible to apply for funding to support your commitment and offset travel costs to the CGI U meeting. Each member university pledges a minimum of $10,000 total in funding to CGI U student commitment-makers and decides how the funding is allocated. Students from member universities also have access to unique on-campus mentorship opportunities.
The CGI U Commitments Challenge
- In partnership with CrowdRise, selected CGI U students have the opportunity to compete to raise funds for their Commitments to Action. With support from CGI U and CrowdRise, students learn how to best utilize the crowdfunding platform to successfully raise money for their commitments. The team that raises the most money for their Commitment to Action is anounced on stage at the CGI U meeting. In 2017, student teams raised over $71,000 in support of their Commitments to Action.
- Once you submit your application, you will receive an email to confirm that your application was submitted successfully.
- Please add email@example.com to your safe senders list. If you have any questions or technical difficulties during the application process, please call 212.710.4492 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For More Information: