Application Deadline:31 January 2023
The Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) announces the call for entries for the 2023 COMESA Media Awards. The Award scheme is conducted every year to recognize and reward journalists who have contributed to regional integration by publishing and producing broadcast stories on the subject.
- The awards are open for published and broadcasted works in the fields of print, radio, television, and online media.
- Only journalists who are COMESA nationals are eligible for the competition.
- The competition is open to individual journalists and not media institutions or organisations
All works entered for the competition shall be in one of the COMESA official languages, namely English, French and Arabic.
Entries shall consist of the following:
Features/articles should consist of a minimum 700 words and maximum 1,500 words published in mainstream newspapers, magazines/ journals and newsletters.
Documentary or discussion programmes of minimum 5 (five) minutes and maximum 10 (ten) minutes duration and not exceeding 15MB;
Documentary or discussion programme of minimum 5 (five) minutes and maximum 10 (ten) minutes duration and not exceeding 15MB.
Features/articles of a minimum 700 (seven hundred words) and maximum 1,500 (One thousand five hundred) words published in mainstream newspapers (including online editions), magazines and reputable journals.
- Entries submitted are those published or broadcasted between 1 January 2022 and 31 December 2022.
- All submissions should reach the COMESA Secretariat by 31 January 2023
For More Information: