Application Deadline: 16th of February 2020.
The goal is to foster application- oriented research results by enhancing knowledge exchange between the postdoctoral fellows and experienced alumni of German funding initiatives. Fellows and alumni will collaborate in joint working groups that encompass several postdoctoral projects in a specific field related to climate change research. The working groups will benefit from the expertise of distinguished German mentors.
Fellows and Alumni will increase their research impact and output through a comprehensive training and support program, including general skills training, science policy advising and science management.
Postdoctoral fellows and alumni will connect with peers, regional and international experts and practitioners in their fields and create a growing network. This community will represent an important voice to raise the awareness for climate change as one of the most pressing issues of our time.
- must be nationals of an African Country.
- should be willing to contribute to the initiation and the coordination of alumni working groups.
- should be willing to realize their project at a host institution in western or southern Africa.
At the end of the fellowship the fellow must provide
- a detailed report on the findings of the Research
- a summary of the activities within the alumni Network
- an assessment of the future development of the career paths, the research topic and the alumni working group activities.
- Additionally, an interim report is mandatory after 6 months or after 6 and 18 months (depending on duration of the scholarship).
Duration of the funding
The fellowship awards are tenable for a period of 12 to 24 months.
This fellowship period begins in July 2020. Please take this date as your starting date for your application.
The basic fellowship consists of:
- A flat-rate travel allowance to your target country and back
- A research lump sum of max. EUR 10,000
- A monthly allowance of EUR 800
- An accident, personal liability and health insurance
Additionally, support for the following activities can be granted (subject to availability of funds):
- Short-term research stays in Germany (2 to 6 months)
- Mobility fellowships for the active participation (poster or talk) in relevant international conferences in the field of climate change/ climate Research
For More Information: