Application Deadline: 5pm EST, Wednesday 31 January 2018.
The TRACE Prize for Investigative Reporting recognizes journalism that uncovers business bribery with the goal of increasing commercial transparency.
- Nominees may be print, broadcast or online reporters from any country who have investigated commercial bribery schemes, business activities that create serious conflicts of interest or similar misconduct.
- Entries must have appeared in print or online during 2017. Multiple entries per author are permitted, as are team entries produced by groups of journalists.
- A panel of independent judges will review the submissions and select up to two winning entries.
- Each winning entry will receive a cash prize of $10,000 USD and the reporter will be invited to an award ceremony hosted by TRACE.
- The judges may also name up to two honorable mentions, who will each receive $1,000 USD.
- You may submit your own work, or you may nominate the work of someone else. If you nominate another’s work, please obtain their permission to do so.
- Entries must have appeared in print, online or as a broadcast during 2017. Any entry not originally written/produced in English must be accompanied by a translation.
- If an entry only appeared in print, please include a scan. If a scan produces an unclear result, please also include a transcript (word document or PDF) of the article.
- If an entry is broadcast journalism (TV, radio, online video) please send a link or mp3.
- Completed applications or queries should be emailed to Caitlin Seymour, [email protected].
- The deadline for entries is 5pm EST, Wednesday 31 January 2018.
For More Information: