Application Deadline: December 12 2014
The Department of Environmental Affairs offers Internship opportunities to unemployed South African under graduate and post graduate students who wish to apply in the fields that are in line with the departmental core business and who have not been previously employed under any internship program. Applicants are encouraged to use the categories outlined below to indicate areas of interest.
The stipend to participate in the internship programme is R4 500.00 per month.
The internship program is offered for a period of 12 months. The successful candidates will be required to sign an internship contract for the duration of one year.
- Applicants must be 18 – 35 of age and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. No faxed or e-mail applications will be considered. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If candidates have not been contacted within three months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
-Specific qualifications are required for each internship.
- Chemical and Waste Management,
- Biodiversity and Conservation,
- Climate Change and Air Quality,
- Chief Operating Officer,
- Legal Authorizations and Compliance Inspectorate,
- Chief Financial Officer,
- Environmental Advisory Services,
- Environmental Programme, Cape Town – Ocean & Coast And Environmental Programme :- ODDG,
- Supply Chain and Asset Management, HRM, Financial Management and Management Accounting, Coastal Biodiversity Conservation, Ocean and Coastal Conservation Strategies, Oceans Research, Biodiversity and Coastal Research, Marine Biodiversity and Coastal Research, Coastal Pollution Management, Southern Oceans and Antarctica Support, Communication.
- Applications must be submitted on a Z83 form obtainable from any Public Service.
- Applicant must state the Branch, Reference Number and field of study in which the candidate is applying for (from the above list); attach your CV, certified copies of certificates, academic transcripts (record) and an identity document.
- Failure to submit the required documents will result in the application not being considered.
Application for Pretoria must be directed to Director-General, Private Bag X447 Pretoria 0001, or hand delivered to Corner Soutpansberg and Steve Biko (473 Steve Biko) Road, Environment House, Pretoria for attention Employee Development.
Application for Cape Town must be directed to the Director-General, PO Box 52126 Cape Town 8002 or hand delivered to, East Pier Building, V&A Waterfront Cape Town 8002 for attention Skills Development
Closing Date: 12 December 2014. No late applications will be considered
For More Information: