Application Deadline: January 6th 2017
The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality is looking for young unemployed graduates to work as fieldworkers and data capturers.
- Applicants should be: between 18-35 years of age; reside within the Municipality; able to converse in the local languages spoken in the Municipality (i.e English; Xhosa; Afrikaans) and preferably the Ward that they reside in; be in possession of a B-degree/ National Diploma.
- Preference will be given to applicants with studies and experience in research, fieldwork and data capturing.
- Undertake fieldwork which will involve interviewing residents personally at their household. Chart plans to visit residents of a specified ward.
- Explain the objectives of the survey and the procedure to persons who are to be interviewed. Interpret the questionnaire to assist the respondents understand the questions. Double-check information on questionnaire and ensure accuracy.
- Identify and report any issues that may arise while attempting to obtain valid data. Report to immediate supervisor on completed assignments, and progress daily. Achieve daily targets and complete tasks within specified timeframes.
Competencies and Skills:
- Good communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills. Good listening and problem solving skills.
- Critical analysis skills.
- Good time management, planning and organising abilities. Self-management. Flexibility – to work unspecified hours.
- Stipend linked to performance.
How to Apply:
- Application forms can be collected from the Corporate Services: Skills Development & Employment Equity Unit, 15thFloor Starport Building / 140 Govan Mbeki Avenue, OR downloaded here from nelsonmandelabay.gov.za. OR collected at NMBM Customer Care Centres.
- The application form must be accompanied by the following documents:
- 1) Certified copy of your valid South African identification document (ID)
- 2) Certified copy of your highest qualification obtained i.e. Diploma / Degree and latest Academic Record (subjects passed and marks received)
- 3) Curriculum Vitae / Resume
How to submit the application:
Submit the Application Form along with the required documents to Corporate Services: Skills Development & Employment Equity, 15th Floor Starport Building / 140 Govan Mbeki) OR nearest NMBM Customer Care Centre in Application Box.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality UNEMPLOYED GRADUATE PROGRAMME