Application Deadline: 21st April, 2017.
Developers In Vogue are currently able to accept applications from only applicants in Ghana. Applicants are not required to have a prior knowledge of coding before sending their applications. The preferred candidate should:
1. Be a lady who is at least 16 years old who is based in Ghana.
2. Be able to commit at least 20 hours per week for course work (10 hours onsite and 10 hours online) from 1st June to 29th July. (After the boot camp however, there will be two onsite workshops per month.)
3. Be able to commit to completing all activities including participating in group work, submitting assignments and building a website for a non-profit or social cause.
4. Be interested in applying the skills learnt during sessions either through freelancing, working in or starting a tech firm.
5. Be able to bring a laptop for all onsite sessions.
The benefits of being a part of this initiative are endless. We are creating a community of top female talent who will revolutionize Africa and beyond using technology. Some of the benefits include:
1. Equipping you with the knowledge and skills to be a top-notch developer.
2. Access to a community of inspiring ladies who can collaborate with you on future projects.
3. One-on-one mentorship by industry experts.
4. Access to our online learning portal which is loaded with a lot of resources.
5. Career support services including how to ace a technical interview, how to start a tech company, etc.
6. Further training in web, mobile apps and custom software development. Those interested in data science can have further training in data analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
7. Complementary courses including graphic design, search engine optimization and social media marketing.
8. Opportunity to earn money through freelancing, internship, remote or full-time jobs in tech firms.
9. Diversifying your portfolio which will be a great addition to your CV.
10. Improving soft skills like presentation, project management, team work and critical thinking.
How To Apply
- All applications are to be done online and the application process would take about 10 minutes to complete.
- Deadline for application submission is 21st April, 2017.
- Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed briefly via phone and final decisions will be made known to successful applicants on 8th May, 2017.
For More Information: