Application Deadline: 12:00pm EST, Friday September 4, 2015.
The El-Hibri Foundation offers peace education scholarships to graduate students with demonstrated commitment to the field of peace education and conflict transformation. Three $5,000 scholarships will be awarded in 2015.
In formal school settings, peace education addresses how teachers teach and what they teach. Peace education curricula focus on conflict analysis, conflict transformation, peacebuilding and skills associated with the non-violent resolution of conflict.
In informal (non-school) community settings, peace education raises awareness about the causes of conflict, identifies appropriate interventions and builds practical skills relating to the management, resolution or transformation of conflict.
Scholarship applicants must:
• Be either U.S. or non- U.S. citizens
• Be enrolled in the first year of a graduate degree or certificate program relevant to peace education or conflict transformation in an American university. Eligible university degree or certificate programs consist of a minimum of four graduate courses that the student must complete in order to earn a degree or certificate. Students applying for a scholarship may be cross-registered at another university;
• Have graduated in the last two years with an undergraduate degree;
• Have a prior academic track record of high achievement, including a minimum 3.5 GPA earned from an undergraduate degree;
• Demonstrate financial need (such as proof of seeking an academic loan);
• Apply the scholarship toward the cost of tuition and books;
• Submit their application on or before the September 4th, 2015 deadline
Please complete the online application form and upload the required documents before the September th, 2015 deadline.
Only applications submitted through the online form will be accepted.
Fill out the Online Application Form
For More Information: