Application Deadline: OCTOBER 11th, 2018 at 3:00pm
GE a wholly-owned affiliate of General Electric Company has been engaged in infrastructure development in Ghana for several years, notably through the supply of technology, services and know-how, training initiatives, investment and supply chain development in the power, transportation and healthcare sectors
General Electric will provide a flat-rated scholarship support through the “the GE Scholarship”, for the benefit of certain University of Ghana under-graduate students in the areas of BA Computer Science and some BSc Applied Sciences during the next two years of 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 (individually the “Scholarship Year”). Scholarships are renewable annually provided they maintain a Grade Point Average of (GPA) 2.5 or better.
- The Scholarship covers academic and residential fees and book allowance. In addition, leadership training and limited Internship may be offered as long as an excellent academic standard of at least a 2.5 CGPA continues to be met and need is demonstrated.
The Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO) is accepting 2018/19 applications for the award of The GE Scholarship for UG students from areas of need reading BA Computer Science or any of the following APPLIED SCIENCES at University of Ghana:
School of Engineering:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Material Science and Engineering
School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Earth Science
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
DEADLINE for the submission of applications for the General Electric Scholarship is THURSDAY OCTOBER 11th, 2018 at 3:00pm.
You are eligible to apply if you:
- Are a Ghanaian.
- Are a University of Ghana regular student.
- Obtained an aggregate of 15 or better at the WASSCE or CGPA 3.0.
- Are able to demonstrate limited family income and/or insufficient funds to cover most or all educational related expenses.
- Have the will to succeed (determination, perseverance and success in other pursuits).
- Are reading BA Computer Science or Basic Applied Sciences in the following areas: BSc in Information Technology, Material Science and Engineering, Earth Science, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Will maintain at least a 2.5 CGPA
- Are of a Good Conduct.
Download and submit a completed GE- SFAO FORM AF SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION and the required essays, a copy of your academic records (WASSCE grades), letters of recommendation and supporting need documents.
For More Information: