Application Deadline: 31 July 2023.
The South African Astronomical observatory (SAAO) will award an MSc and PhD scholarship, for degrees starting in 2024, to outstanding candidates. The funding amount will be R180,000 per year at MSc level, and R190,000 per year at PhD level. In addition to this stipend, tuition fees will be covered, generous support for travel and equipment will be provided and options for on-site accommodation can be explored.
- The SALT-SAAO scholarships are open to candidates of any nationality, but preference will be given to South African citizens and permanent residents.
- Applicants must be eligible to register for an MSc/PhD degree in astrophysics at a South African university at the start of the 2024 academic year.
- Ideal candidates will have a background in astrophysics.
- To apply, send the following documents, and nothing else, as a single pdf ﬁle by email to [email protected]: a cover letter, CV, and academic transcripts.
- The subject line of your email should contain your surname, the surname of the supervisor of the project you are applying for, and the level (MSc or PhD) at which you are applying.
- Also arrange to have two referees send a reference letter directly to [email protected], by the application deadline, and with your name in the subject line.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the SAAO Prize Scholarship 2024