Application Deadline: Monday, 20 February 2023, at 0800hrs GMT.
The Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Presidential Center for Women and Development (EJS Center) is seeking ambitious women leaders to join its flagship program, the Amujae Initiative. The program inspires and prepares women to unapologetically take up roles and excel in the highest echelons of public leadership and to bring other women along.
Through tailored programming, the Center bolsters women in positions to vie for coveted, top roles in public leadership. Each year, the EJS Center identifies 15 African women public leaders and offers them targeted leadership development experiences designed to fuel their ambition and equip them with the necessary skills for effective service. These women become part of a purposeful sisterhood that propels women in public leadership forward, a multi-generational network of distinguished women leaders, and a movement advocating for increased women’s participation in Africa.
The EJS Center currently supports two cohorts of Amujae Leaders. Together, these 30 leaders from 16 African countries make a dynamic group of women with impressive and diverse backgrounds in public leadership and beyond. Learn more about these women and the work they have been involved in throughout the past two years.
An Amujae Leader is a woman who:
- Is a citizen of an African country,
- Has the ambition and intent to serve at the highest levels of public leadership,
- Has already invested in a public leadership journey with demonstrable accomplishments that make them imminently viable to contend for top positions in public governance,
- Has demonstrated a commitment towards the upliftment/empowerment of other women,
- Is patriotic, demonstrating commitment and service to her home country/countries, and
- Holds ethical leadership and integrity as values.
The EJS Center is specifically seeking women who aspire to top elected or appointed public leadership positions, as well as those seeking to lead multilateral organizations. For each of these career paths, the EJS Center seeks candidates who can soundly demonstrate the following criteria:
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Ellen Johnson Sirleaf (EJS) Center Amujae Initiative 2023