Application Deadline: May 28th 2021
Graduate Engineers Internship Programme (GEIP) is an internship programme that gears graduate engineers towards professional registration in Kenya through collaboration between public and private sectors. It is a partnership between Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK), public and private sector stakeholders known as Mentors. It is funded by Ministry of Transport, Infrastructure, Housing and Urban Development.
According to the Engineers Act 2011 7 (1)(q), one of the functions and powers of the Board shall be to plan, arrange, co-ordinate and oversee continuing professional training and development and facilitate internship of graduate engineers. The programme targets recent graduate engineers and provide them opportunity to understand government services, and provides them with a chance to contribute towards improving service delivery to Kenyan citizens.
GEIP Main Focus:
- Provision of capacity professional development by training the freshly qualified graduates through internship programme to develop qualified engineering personnel for continued public service delivery
- Enable young engineers to acquire adequate practical training and experience and develop career and life skills needed for 21st century workplace
- Increasing the rate of professional registration thus improving the engineer-to-population ratio resulting in a major impact on Country’s national development goals
- Development of leadership skills in graduate engineers by ingraining them with engineering principles to effectively run Engineering infrastructure, systems and processes
- The Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK) is a statutory body established under Section 3(1) of the Engineers Act, 2011. The Board is responsible for the registration of engineers and engineering firms, regulation of engineering professional services, setting of standards, development, and the general practice of engineering.
- One of the functions of the Board under the Engineers Act, 2011 section 7 (1) (q) is to ‘Plan, arrange, coordinate and oversee continuing professional training and development and facilitate internship of graduate engineers.
- The Engineers Board of Kenya has developed Graduate Engineers Internship Program (GEIP) which is a structured internship program for graduate engineers that is designed to enable them to acquire requisite hands-on skills and prepare them for professional practice in their respective engineering fields.
• A first degree in engineering discipline from a recognized University
• Be a registered graduate engineer by EBK
• Certificate of Good Conduct
• Available for the entire duration of the internship
• Should NOT be in any form of employment
The Engineers Board of Kenya is committed to diversity and gender equality and therefore encourages persons living with disability, women and those from marginalized areas to apply.
- The deadline for application is Friday 28th May 2021 at 5pm EAT
- The Board does not guarantee employment after completion of the Internship Program
- The Board DOES NOT charge any fee for this process
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- If shortlisted, applicants will be expected to provide the following additional information: –
• A valid personal accident insurance cover
• A valid personal medical insurance cover by NHIF or any other reputable medical insurance firm
• Clearance from Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC)
• Kenya Revenue Authority PIN Certificate
- The program will run for 24 months and the interns will be trained under professional engineers who are registered by the Board.
- The Board will provide a monthly stipend to graduate trainees as per the Public Service Commission Guidelines.
For More Information: