Application Deadline: August 8th 2016
The European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) invites nominations to the following awards: Scientific Leadership Award, Outstanding Female Scientist Award and Outstanding Research Team Award. These awards aim to promote African-European scientific research collaboration, and will reward outstanding individual researchers and research teams especially from Africa and Europe. The award ceremonies will be held at the Eighth EDCTP Forum in Lusaka, Zambia, from 6-9 November 2016.
- The contestant must be a resident of a sub-Saharan African country, an European Union (EU) Member State, or a country associated to the Horizon 2020 programme.
- Scientific Leadership Award: This award consists of a recognition trophy and a cash prize of 10,000 Euros
- Outstanding Female Scientist Award: This award consists of a recognition trophy and a cash prize of 20,000 Euros.
- Outstanding Research Team Award: This award consists of a recognition trophy and a cash prize of 50,000 Euros.
EDCTP invites nominations to the following awards:
- Scientific Leadership Award is given to excellent world-class scientists in Africa up to 50 years of age
- Outstanding Female Scientist Award is given to excellent world-class female scientists residing in sub-Saharan Africa and working in research activities within the scope of the second EDCTP programme.
- Outstanding Research Teams Award is given to outstanding research teams in Africa and Europe working on HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria and neglected infectious diseases in the scope of the second EDCTP programme.
The deadline to submit nominations was extended to 8 August 2016, 17:00 CET. Nominations must be submitted online via EDCTPgrants.
For questions related to this call for nominations, please contact: Dr Michelle Singh (singh[at]edctp.org).
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) Awards 2016