Submission Deadline: July 19 2013
In keeping with their goal to develop leadership and management quality for the long term-success of microfinance institutions in Africa, The MasterCard Foundation Microfinance Scholars Program is for the sixth year collaborating with the School of African Microfinance to offer an opportunity to outstanding individuals active in microfinance to attend the 9th Edition of SAM from 2nd to 13th September 2013 in Mombasa, Kenya.
Individuals from Africa, in middle to senior management levels, who wish to apply to be considered for a scholarship, should demonstrate a passion to make an even greater impact.
The following are eligible to apply:
- Managers at microfinance institutions or banks.
- Microfinance Consultants who have in the past provided implementation support to financial institutions and are keen to increase their overall technical skills base.
- Individuals from the financial institutions that apply different models in their service delivery e.g. savings and credit cooperatives
- Women are encouraged to apply.
The scholarships are intended to supplement other resources available to the applicants. Applicants may be awarded full or partial scholarships, depending on the assessment of the awarding committee. In their application, applicants should state how much of the course fees they or their institutions are willing to meet. The scholarship award committee will use the combined criteria of merit and need to decide how much will be awarded to those who qualify.
How to Apply
- Send your completed SAM 2013 Application Form and recent resume to[email protected] copied to [email protected]
- Those who qualify for admission to SAM will then receive the Scholarship Application Form which must be returned by 19 July 2013.
For more information on how to apply please
- visit www.samtraining.org or
- write to [email protected] and copy to [email protected].
- Download the SAM 2013 Brochure