Application Deadline: May 30th 2013
Since 2012, Fairview International School has offered scholarships for a three-year full-time, work based Masters programme with on-site placements in a network of Fairview International Schools. The Masters of Arts in Education is taught in collaboration with Sheffield Hallam University, UK in the third year of the programme.
Whilst learning about the standards and practices of IB education, students will simultaneously apply their understanding and knowledge to actual practical teaching in an IB World School. This programme builds upon the key aspects of educational research theory covered by Sheffield Hallam University. The student will assimilate enquiry based research via the IB framework, with a significant proportion of investigation into the students own teaching in Fairview International School.
This dual programme ensures that sound theoretical and practical skills are combined to maximum effect, and is the foundation upon which this Masters has been developed.
- Students should have a good Bachelor’s degree in any discipline, and a minimum IELTS score of 6.5, if English is not your first language.
- Shortlisted scholarship candidates will be interviewed to assess proficiency, aptitudes and attitudes towards working with learners in an international educational IB setting.
The Fairview Scholarship includes:
• A round trip to Malaysia
• An en-suite single room in the Halls of Residence on campus or equivalent
- Majority of bills and utilities will be covered by the school
• Private hospitalization insurance cover
• Full tuition fee waiver for the Masters programme (worth RM50,000 in Sheffield Hallam University, UK, Full Time)
- A monthly allowance is provided (subject to income tax)
How to Apply
To apply for this amazing opportunity please use the link below to bring you to the application form Application Form
If you cannot open this link please go to
Applications should normally be received by 30th October.
Applications should normally be received by 30th of May
If you have specific queries pertaining to application processor the course please email:
Ms Michelle Chian: [email protected]
Looking forward to receiving your application.
The documents below are necessary from candidates for purposes of visa application if awarded the Fairview Scholarship:
• Home/Permanent address
• Health Certificate – “Fitness for Work” alternatively called a “Fit Note” from your GP
• If currently working or visiting Malaysia, please provide the latest entry visa to Malaysia
• If married, please provide wife or husband’s name & job title
• Copy of passport (all pages) (passport must be valid for another 36 months)
• Copy of Birth Certificate
• Copy of All Academic Certificates (including GCSE and A-Level certificates, or equivalent)
• Copy of Professional Certificates, such as PGCE and/or any from any licensing authorities
• Two reference letters related to previous work/voluntary experience, especially if related to teaching and/or with students
• Passport-size photograph with a blue background (digital copy)
*Any documents that are not in English language, must be translated into the English