Application Deadline: September 30 2014
The Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries intends to award comprehensive bursaries to qualifying applicants pursuing and/or intending to further their studies in critical scarce skills in the agriculture, forestry and fisheries sectors for the 2015 academic year. The bursaries will cover
tuition, accommodation, books, meals and monthly allowance.
- The bursary awards target the previously disadvantaged and impoverished persons from poverty-stricken and deep rural communities.
- It is worth noting that certain study fi elds are only available at certain institutions of higher learning:
• B.Sc. Bioresource Engineering (Agricultural Engineering): University of KwaZulu-Natal
• Bachelor of Veterinary Science (B.V.Sc.): University of Pretoria
• B.Sc. Viticulture and Oenology/Soil Science/Plant Pathology: University of Stellenbosch
• B.Sc. Forestry and Wood Science: University of Stellenbosch
• B.Sc. Oceanography and Marine Biology: University of Cape Town
• B.Sc. Ichthyology specialising in Aquaculture: Rhodes University
• National Diploma: Forestry: Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
• National Diploma: Oceanography: Cape Peninsula University of Technology
• National Diploma: Fisheries Resource Management: Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- Applicants must be South African citizens.
- Applicants must complete relevant bursary application forms available online at: www.daff.gov.za (Click the following: Branches, Food Security and Agrarian Reform, then Sector Education and Training and then Careers).
- Successful candidates will be informed from 15 January 2015, after the National Bursary Committee has finalised the selection process.
- If you do not hear from us by the end of January 2015, consider your application to be unsuccessful.
- All completed bursary application forms together with certified copies of ID and certificates/performance results should be sent to the following address:
The Director: Ms Amanda Shokane