- Topic: The Role of Agricultural Innovation in Creating Food Security in Africa
- Format: 500-word count
- Entry: Free
- Language: English or French
- Age Eligibility: 15 to 30 years old
- Opening Date: October 9, 2014
- Closing Date: October 30, 2014
- Selection of Winners: November 6
In 2014, the Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa will host a series of celebratory events to appreciate the efforts of forum members in strengthening African agricultural innovation. In line with this, we introduce the FARA Essay competition for students of agriculture programmes in African tertiary institutions.
Submit your essay for a chance to win $1,000 and be hosted in South Africa with a representative of your tertiary institution. Be sure to vote for your own essay and share this URL with friends on your social networks to get their votes. You can vote more than once. Ten essays with the most votes will be shortlisted while the final selection will be made by FARA’s panel of experts.
- Prizes are to be awarded to the winning student and their educational institution – $1,000 to the student and an award for the school.
- Both the student and a representative of the school will be flown to South Africa for FARA’s celebratory event in November where the award will be presented.
Entrants must be full-time students in an African tertiary institution including Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education. This competition is not open to students of African origin studying outside the African continent.
To qualify, entrants are required to register via FARA’s Facebook page, http:/bit.ly/faraess
Judges will be selected by FARA. Essays will be shortlisted by public voting on Facebook and the final selection will be by FARA judges.
For More Information: