- Submission Deadline: 09/01/2014
Are you a serious photographer with a true passion for the job? Do you understand the craft of taking pictures, documenting a story, conceptualising an idea, capturing emotions and evoking a response from those who view the finished product?
Submit your best work for the chance to become the next Sony World Photography Awards, Professional Photographer of the Year and win our most coveted prize, the L’Iris d’Or, along with prize money of $25,000.
Important points to note:
- Submissions must be based on a body of work.
- Photographs submitted in to a category must be from the same body of work and will be judged as such.
- Images entered in to the Professional Competition must have been completed or first published in 2013.
- First published in 2013, means that the photographs entered may have been taken before 2012 but due to having been commissioned by a client to be published in 2013, have not been publicly exhibited or published in any online or print media before 2013. For more details see the rules below.
Basic, Advanced and Premium Members can enter a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 10 images into each category. You may enter as many categories as you wish; however you cannot enter the same series or images into more than one category. You may highlight a single “signature image” from each series.
The 2014 Sony World Photography Awards include the following competitions:
- Professional – 15 categories judged on a series of work; Open – 10 categories judged on a single image;
- Youth – 3 categories for photographers under age 20; and Student Focus – for higher education photography students aged 18–30.
- The Open and Youth competition will close for entries on January 6, 2014; the Professional competition will close on January 9, 2014.
Submit your photo Now:
The 2014 Sony World Photography Awards Professional Competition Deadline: 09/01/2014
The 2014 Sony World Photography Awards Youth Award Deadline: 06/01/2014
The 2014 Sony World Photography Awards Open Competition , Deadline: 06/01/2014