- Professor Registration : March 22, 2017
- Student Registration : April 5, 2017
The Google Online Marketing Challenge is a unique opportunity for students to experience and create online marketing campaigns using Google AdWords. Over 110,000 students and professors from almost 100 countries have participated in the past 9 years.
With a $250 AdWords advertising budget provided by Google, students develop and run an online advertising campaign for a business or non-profit organization over a three week period. The teams that develop and communicate the most successful campaigns win awesome prizes, including trips to Google offices. Students also have the opportunity to participate in the optional AdWords Certification category by studying and passing the necessary exams to become an AdWords Certified individual in the Google Partners platform.
- The Challenge is open to student teams of three to six members from undergraduate or graduate programs, regardless of their major.
- All students must register under a verified faculty member, lecturer or instructor currently employed by an accredited higher education institute.
AdWords Business Awards
There are four competition regions: The Americas, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and Asia Pacific. In addition to an overall Global Winner, there is one winner from each of the regions.
- The Global Winners and their professor will receive a seven-night trip to San Francisco, including one day at the Google Headquarters in Mountain View, California to meet with Googlers from the AdWords, University Programs and Marketing teams.
- The team will also receive digital devices, along with other prizes.
Regional Winners and their professor receive a two-night trip to a regional Google office. The teams will also receive digital devices, as well as other prizes.
AdWords Certification Awards
- There is one overall Global Winner and four Regional AdWords Certification Winners: The Americas, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and Asia Pacific.
- Each student in the Global and Regional AdWords Certification winning teams will receive a digital device, as well as other prizes.
- Additionally, Global Winners and their Professor will get an exciting opportunity to participate in a Google+ Hangout with Google Partners team members (to be scheduled at Google’s discretion).
AdWords Social Impact Awards
- Each student in the three top performing teams that worked with a non-profit will receive a digital device, along with other prizes.
- Additionally, Global Winners and their Professor will get an exciting opportunity to participate in a Google+ Hangout with a Googler selected from a wide range of teams, including the AdWords Team, Google for Nonprofits, Google.org and more (to be scheduled at Google’s discretion).
Winning teams will also secure the following donations for their partners:
1st place – $15,000 donation to the non-profit partner
2nd place – $10,000 donation to the non-profit partner
3nd place – $5,000 donation to the non-profit partner
All Winners and their professors across all categories will be provided with a personalized certificate of appreciation noting their status as a Winner in the Competition.
- Professor Registration : October 5, 2016 – March 22, 2017
- Student Registration : October 5, 2016 – April 5, 2017
- AdWords Competition Campaign Window : October 12, 2016 – May 17, 2017
- AdWords Crediting Window : October 12, 2016 – April 12, 2017
- Deadline for Uploading Pre-Campaign Report : April 12, 2017
- Deadline for Uploading Post-Campaign Report : May 31, 2017
- Deadline for Completing AdWords Certification Requirements : May 31, 2017
- Results Announcement : July/August 2017
For More Information: