Application Deadline: January 8th 2017
What images, emotions or memories come to mind when you think of the word ‘Peace’? Children around the world are invited to capture its meaning for this year’s Commonwealth Class Short Story Writing Competition. The competition offers a unique opportunity for students to become part of the Commonwealth’s rich storytelling heritage and to be in with the chance of winning some great prizes!
- Participants are invited to write a story set in their own country and can enter one of two age categories (7-10 year olds or 11-14 year olds).
- Students must adhere to the competition rules, which include eligibility criteria (see below) and submit their story via the online form.
Only one entry per person is allowed.
The theme of the story is ‘Peace’. The story must be written in English. The maximum word limit of the stories is :
300 words from 7-10 year olds
500 words from 11-14 year olds
Entry to the Competition is free of charge although entrants are responsible forany costs associated with entry.
All entries must be submitted online.
- The 1st prize winner will receive a £100 book token or equivalent voucher and a certificate.
- The 2nd prize winner will receive a £50 book token or equivalent voucher and a certificate, and the 3rd prize winner will receive a £30 book token or equivalent voucher and a certificate.
- Prizes are personal to the winners and cannot be transferred to any third party. Prizes cannot be exchanged for money or any other goods or services.
For More Information: