Application Deadline: June 1st 2018
The “Shark Tank of Wellness” competition is a unique global challenge in which three university students are rewarded for their most innovative, impactful ideas for the wellness industry.
We define the wellness industry broadly and are looking for innovations in sectors as varied as architecture/design, beauty, education, fitness, hospitality, investment, medicine, nutrition, real estate, spa, technology, travel, tourism, and more. Students are to submit a concept submission form detailing their idea, as well as a short 1-2 minute video presentation of their idea. The wellness industry is currently valued at over USD $3.7 trillion, thus providing ample opportunity for people with great ideas!
The top three finalists will be flown, along with their professors, to the annual Global Wellness Summit (GWS) held October 6-8, 2018 at the Technogym Village in Cesena, Italy. Here, they will present their business idea to the attending Summit delegates — a “who’s who” in the global wellness world. Several business leaders will act as “Wellness Sharks” and ask questions of the students, who will defend their innovation and make a business case for its feasibility.
- The competition is open to both individuals and teams of students over the age of 18 from anywhere in the world. There is no entry fee.
- The contestant(s) must be an undergraduate student (working towards a one or two year diploma, a four year Bachelor’s degree or a Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualification) or a graduate/post-graduate student (working towards a masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD degree) in a university or college of distinction at the time they develop and submit their concept.
- The contestant(s) must be either a full-time or part-time student at the university or college, and must have a professor or faculty advisor who serves as a mentor for their project.
- If a team is chosen as one of the top three finalists, the team leader will be flown to Italy along with his/her professor or faculty advisor.
First Prize: One (1) first-prize winner will receive USD $5,000
Second Prize: One (1) second-prize winner will receive USD $3,000
Third Prize: One (1) third-prize winner will receive USD $2,000
Total value of all prizes is USD $10,000.
Additional non-cash prizes include airfare and hotel accommodations in Cesena, Italy for the top three student finalists (individual or team leader) and their professors. Also included is access to the three-day Summit (a $3,630 value) including all general sessions, breakout discussions, and industry forums, featuring global industry leaders. A myriad of social events and a final evening gala is included. This is a priceless opportunity to meet and learn from global visionaries.
1. REGISTER for the contest online: Anyone interested in participating in the competition must register by completing this Entry Form. Contestants will receive regular updates by email regarding the competition.
2. SUBMIT your innovative idea: Please complete the Concept Submission Form no later than June 1, 2018. The form will be provided upon registration and should include a link to your 1-2 minute video presentation.
- The competition begins on Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 12:00 pm GMT and closes on Wednesday, June 1, 2018 at 12:00 pm GMT. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- The top three concept submissions, as decided by the judges, will be announced on Wednesday, August 15, 2018. Arrangements will then be made to fly each of the top three student finalists and the professors working with them to Cesena, Italy for the Global Wellness Summit, October 6-8 at the Technogym Village.
- The “Shark Tank of Wellness” Finalist’s Competition will take place on Monday, October 8, 2018 on stage in front of the audience of delegates and the “Wellness Shark” judges. The first-, second- and third-prize winners will be announced on-stage later in the afternoon, at which time the prizes will be awarded. The winners will be listed on the Global Wellness Summit website and promoted on social media post-Summit.
For More Information: