Application Deadline: March 30th 2018
Valeo wishes to encourage students from all over the world to innovate and to develop their entrepreneurial spirit, offering the winners the opportunity to create their own start-ups.
Valeo is an automotive supplier and partner to automakers worldwide. As a technology company, we design innovative solutions for smart mobility, with a particular focus on intuitive driving and reducing CO₂ emissions. The Group also provides and distributes spare parts for automakers and independent aftermarket operators.
The Aim of the Challenge:
The aim is to reward an innovative project, whether it is a technological innovation or an idea for new ways to use cars. The participants will have to propose new solutions in one of the following categories:
- Vehicle electrification
- The competition is open to students who have completed high school and are now in higher education (e.g. university) in higher education from all disciplines and to the teachers, one per team.
- Entrants must compete in teams made up of between two and a maximum of five people.
- Teams can take part to the challenge by presenting a relevant, innovative project in English by submitting:
1. mp4 video pitch (maximum 3 minutes) that explains the project in a clear, simple and audible way,
2. accompanied by 5 slides describing the composition of the team; the problem identified; the existing or known solutions; the proposed technical solution; the target market and the business model.
For the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Teams!
€200,000 to be shared!
For the 9 finalist teams
16 weeks to accelerate your project
For the 9 selected teams
Pitch in Paris
At the end of the competition the sum of €200,000 will be shared, as decided by the Jury, between the three winning teams of the Challenge. In addition to their prize, they will be offered the opportunity to join Valeo’s business accelerator.
GRAND FINAL IN PARIS!
October 12, 2018
The 9 running Teams will present their project in front of a Jury composed of Valeo’s Top Management and other prestigious jury members!
First Stage: Registration & Ideation
From November 15, 2017 to March 30, 2018 at noon (Central European Time +1)
Students are invited to create an account on the platform and participate to the challenge by forming a team of two to five people maximum. Next, present your team idea in a mp4 video pitch (maximum 3 minutes) accompanied by 5 slide describing the composition of the team; the problem identified; the existing or known solutions; the proposed technical solution; the target market and the business model. You can download a template here!
Second Stage: Project accelerations
From June 16, 2018 to September 28, 2018 at midnight (Central European Time +1)
The 9 selected teams will have 8 weeks to work on their projects (file and proof of concept). They will have the support of Valeo and recognized for their experience and professional expertise, like scientists, designers, sociologists and architects
Third Stage: Final Pitch & Awards
October 12, 2018
On October 12th, all finalist teams will have 3 minutes to pitch their project, followed by a 2 minute Q&A session with judges.
The judges will select the 3 winning teams!
For More Information: