Application Deadline: Jan 31, 2016.
Blog Contest for Young Kenyans, Rwandese and Ugandans
#Blog4Dev: How Would You Boost #Opportunities4Youth in Kenya, Rwanda or Uganda?
If you are a Kenyan, Rwandan or Ugandan citizen between the ages of 18-28 years old and currently living in your home country, it’s your turn to have your say.
The World Bank wants to hear your ideas for how to boost opportunities for youth in your home country. Enter the #Blog4Dev contest, and you could win a trip to Washington, D.C. in April 2016!
How would you increase opportunities for young people in Kenya? Rwanda? Uganda?
Tell the world bank how you would create a brighter future for youth in your home country in no more than 500 words, submit your entry to the #Blog4Dev contest,
Objective of Blog4Dev Contest
To provide an ideas-sharing platform on how to boost opportunities for the youth in these countries.
1. Kenyan, Rwandese or Ugandan aged 18-28 years
2. Must currently reside in your home country
3. Current World Bank Group staff members, their family members and consultants are not eligible
Submissions from each country will be reviewed by a panel of judges made up of World Bank staff in Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda to determine the winning entries.
The winning submissions will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Clarity and practical messages
- An all-expense paid trip to Washington DC to attend the World Bank Group-IMF Spring Meetings in April 2016.
- The top five entries from each country will be published on the WBG’s Nasikiliza blog page, and also promoted on World Bank social media channels between April – May 2016. These will be credited to the respective bloggers.
Terms and Conditions
1. Submissions must be original and well-written
2. Submission deadline is Jan 31, 2016. Late submission will be disqualified automatically
3. The blog post length should be at most 500 words. Longer entries will be disqualified
4. Entries will be accepted only in English
5. Only one submission per entrant will be allowed
6. The World Bank Group reserves the right to research and verify the eligibility of any entrants, and the decision of the World Bank Group shall be final
7. By entering the contest, participants agree to release the World Bank Group from any claims based on the contest, and grant the World Bank Group all rights to their entry, including consent to publish their entered blog post on its website and social media channels.
8. Failure to comply with these rules may result in disqualification from the competition. Bloggers agree to comply with and be bound by the decisions of the World Bank Group, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this competition.
9. By entering the contest, participants agree that they release the World Bank Group from any claims based on the contest, and grant the World Bank Group all rights to their entry, including, for example, granting permission to publish their entered blog post on its website and social media.