Application Deadline: June 19 2013
Ashoka’s Nutrients for All and Ashoka Changemakers are seeking your innovative solutions that will ensure the availability of nutrients for healthy, natural ecosystems, farms, food, and people. Enter before the deadline on June 19, 2013 for a chance to win cash prizes totaling US $45,000.
Alternatively, enter by May 15 to be eligible for one of two US $500 Early Entry prizes, and an opportunity to share your work with Nutrients for All thought leaders at the Ashoka Globalizer Summit in Frankfurt, Germany.
- The competition is open to all organizations and partnerships from around the world.
- Solutions should reflect the theme of the challenge — Nutrients For All: Vitality for People and the Planet —and engage in activities that help ensure the availability of nutrients for healthy natural ecosystems, farms, food, and people.
- Preference will be given to solutions that have grown beyond the conceptual stage and have demonstrated impact and sustainability.
- We are accepting your entry in English, Spanish, Portuguese, or French.
- Up to $45,000 in unrestricted funding to boost your project.
- Early Entry Prize: One of two cash prizes of US $500 and an opportunity to participate in the Ashoka Globalizer conference in Frankfurt, Germany on June 3-4. At the conference, early entry prize winners will have the opportunity to discuss their solutions with Ashoka and a high profile group of executives in attendance. (To be eligible, you must submit your entry prior to the May 15, 2013 early entry prize deadline.)
- Special Focus Prizes
- Aberdare Ventures is sponsoring up to $10,000 in funding for U.S.-based ventures.
- NetSuite.org is pleased to offer their cloud business management software, a $44,000/year value, as a prize to innovators who are ready to scale their social enterprises and take their impact on the nutrient value chain to the next level.
How to Enter
- For advice about how to create a better entry and boost your chances of winning, read these tips about how to make your entry stand out.
- Please complete the entry form and submit by the deadline: 5 p.m. EST on Wednesday, June 19, 2013.
- Select entrants will be notified on Monday, July 1 with further instructions.
Competition Deadlines, Procedures, and Rules
Online competition submissions are accepted until 5 p.m. EST on Wednesday June 19, 2013. At any time before this deadline, competition participants are encouraged to revise their entries based on questions and insights that they receive from reviewers on their feedback dashboards. Participation in the discussion enhances an entrant’s prospects in the competition and gives the community and judges an opportunity to understand the entrant’s project more completely.
There are six main phases in the competition:
Entries can be submitted from April 17, 2013 through 5 p.m. EST on June 19, 2013. Throughout this stage, anyone can participate in an online review discussion with the entrants.
- Early Entry Deadline, May 15, 2013: Entries received by 5 p.m. EST on May 15, 2012 are eligible for the Early Entry prize.
- Entry Deadline: June 19, 2013, 5 p.m. EST
For questions about the competition, email [email protected].