Application Deadline: January 1st 2017
Startups for News is an international competition that rewards early-stage startups working on high-impact and daring solutions for the news industry. Every year, GEN, in partnership with Journalism.co.uk selects the best startups that address newsroom challenges through dynamic and innovative products or services.
The aim of Startups for News is to accelerate the development of promising, early-stage media startups through worldwide exposure, networking with senior media executives, and private mentorship from GEN’s board members.
The Global Editors Network has already run four successful Startups for News seasons. Previous participants included Storyful, CartoDB, RebelMouse, SAM, Wibbitz, Tame, FirstV1sion, Datawrapper
- Get recognised by industry leaders and noticed by potential partners
- Network with senior media executives in a friendly atmosphere at the GEN Summit and benefit from their feedback, insights, and connections
- Gain exposure in the media industry and benefit from media coverage
- The startup must offer an innovative product or service to newsrooms
- The startup must have been founded no earlier than 2013
- The startup must have received less than €1m in external funding
- Private mentoring sessions with our board members
- Booth at the GEN EXPO at the GEN Summit in 2018. More about the expo here.
- Great exposure to our powerful network of media innovators through GEN’s media.
- Invitation to participate to Slush 2017.
For More Information: