Submission Deadline: 15 July 2016 at 23:59 (Madrid time).
The United Nations 70th General Assembly has designated 2017 as the International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development (A/C.2/70/L.5).
This is a unique opportunity to raise awareness on the contribution of sustainable tourism to development among public and private sector decision-makers and the public, while mobilizing all stakeholders to work together in making tourism a catalyst for positive change.
In the context of the universal 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the International Year aims to support a change in policies, business practices and consumer behavior towards a more sustainable tourism sector than can contribute to the SDGs.
The #IYSTD2017 will promote tourism’s role in the following five key areas:
(1) Inclusive and sustainable economic growth
(2) Social inclusiveness, employment and poverty reduction
(3) Resource efficiency, environmental protection and climate change
(4) Cultural values, diversity and heritage
(5) Mutual understanding, peace and security.
The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), the United Nations Specialized Agency for Tourism, has been mandated to facilitate the organization and implementation of the International Year, in collaboration with Governments, relevant organizations of the United Nations system, international and regional organizations and other relevant stakeholders.
UNWTO are looking for creative people who will give a “face” to the year.
UNWTO are looking for a logo that translates the value of sustainable tourism to universal development in all its dimensions: economic, social and environmental as per the five key areas:
- Inclusive and sustainable economic growth
- Social inclusiveness, employment and poverty reduction
- Resource efficiency, environmental protection and climate change
- Cultural values, diversity and heritage
- Mutual understanding, peace and security.
Anyone over 18 years of age
- See your logo travelling around the world in all activities and campaigns related to the year.
- Join UNWTO for the official launch of the International Year in Madrid on 18 January 2017 (the Organization will offer, accommodation for 2 nights in Madrid).
The Logo Competition for the International Year will be running from 23 June until 15 July 2016. Make sure you have submitted your logo by 15 July 2016 at 23:59 (Madrid time).
Entries submitted after this day will not be eligible.
Guidelines for submission
Submitted logos should reflect the aims and messaging of the Year.
In addition, the jury will take extra elements to support such as colour, originality, representation of the theme, into account.
Submissions must include:
– Logo in all three languages (English, French or Spanish) as below:
- International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development 2017
- Année internationale du tourisme durable pour le développement 2017
- Año Internacional del Turismo Sostenible para el Desarrollo 2017
– The logo in:
- Vector design (ai. or eps.) and jpg (minimum size 1000×1000 px)
- Positive and negative (black and white)
– A logo that is versatile to be used in horizontal and squared applications and in various media (online and offline).
– Your personal details as per the attached submission form
Display and Announcement
UNWTO will display all participating logos at unwto.org during the period of competition.
UNWTO will announce the winning logo on 25 July 2016
Notification to winner
UNWTO will notify the winner by email during the week of 18 July, using the email address provided on the submission form.
For More Information: