Application Deadline: April 14, 2023.
The Social Media Global Fellow is a six to eight month paid fellowship. For this round, Global Voices focus on Francophone Sub-Saharan Africa. The position includes the following responsibilities:
- Coming up with creative ways to engage young people in Francophone Sub-Saharan Africa on Global Voices core mission, issues and stories
- Summarizing Global Voices stories and projects in short, creative formats, including video, illustration, or other approaches
- Producing online event and themed media, including video
- Developing a following among young people in Francophone Sub-Saharan Africa
- Participating in regular online coordination meetings in English
Successful candidates for the position will:
- Have a track record of producing short videos or other creative content and messaging over different social media platforms in any language
- Have strong communication skills in French
- Be able to work under deadlines
- Be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to Global Voices’ mission and values
There is no geographic requirement associated with these positions. Global Voices has no office or physical headquarters. Candidates must be comfortable setting their own schedules and working in a wholly virtual environment.
How to Apply
- Submit a résumé and a cover letter in English that highlights your work and explains why you would be a good fit for the position to [email protected], with the subject line: Social Media Global Fellow your name. Please attach your cover letter as a .doc or .pdf file in addition to including it in the body of your e-mail.
- The application deadline is 11:59pm EST (GMT -4) on April 14 , 2023.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Global Voices Social Media Global Fellowship