Application Deadline: October 15, 2020
International coproductions epitomize a form of artistic collaboration involving partnership and dialogue. With a view to encouraging new collaborative working processes and innovative productions involving international cultural exchange, the Goethe-Institut set up a new coproduction fund in the summer of 2016 to promote new working networks and approaches within a global context and to explore new forms of intercultural collaboration.
The Goethe-Institut’s Culture Department is responsible for administering the International Coproduction Fund. The employees of the music and theatre/dance departments carefully examine all the applications received both on their formal criteria, as well as on their compliance with the objectives or award criteria of the International Coproduction Fund. Then, after the end of the application period, the applications that have been accepted will be submitted to an independent expert committee. The five-member jury consists of alternating representatives of the advisory boards of the Goethe-Institut, international experts and a representative of the Goethe-Institut abroad.
For projects with START in:
- 2021: October 15, 2020 as well as April 15, 2021
- 2022: October 15, 2021 as well as April 15, 2022
- The projects submitted should embrace only the performing arts (no outright film or exhibition projects)
- Expected artistic quality of the project
- Relevance of the participating artists in their respective scenes
- Budget indicating project partners’ own contributions / third party funds and a solid financial plan
- A balanced project partnership based on the artistic collaboration, not dominated by one partner
- Realisation of at least one performance outside Germany, if possible also one in Germany
- Projects between German and non-European partners, especially from transition countries, will be preferred (applications from Austria and Switzerland cannot be considered)
- Applications for guest performance funding are not valid
The application deadline has expired. The next deadline is 15 October 2020 at 23:59 (CET – Time in Germany). The online application form will be available again at the beginning of September*.
*Subject to change due to Corona crisis. Please remain attentive to the corresponding notes on our site.
Applications that are submitted late or incomplete will not be processed (please have in mind that when submitting the application, an e-mail confirmation from the German co-producer will be requested; only then will your application be officially entered into the system and can be considered!).
Applications to the International Coproduction Fund are made by electronic means using an online form. The application form is only available in English and applications can only be submitted in English.
This blank application form will give you an overview of the structure of the online form.
This manual for the application form gives you information on the fields to be completed and the documents to be submitted. Please read the information thoroughly before you complete an application.
We draw your attention to the applicable Data Protection.
For More Information: