Application Deadline: April 30th 2016
Length of residency : August 1 – October 31, 2016
In the context of its partnership with the Center for Art and Urbanistics (ZK/U)
in Berlin, the cultural office of local government of Wedding/Berlin and SAVVY Contemporary art space Berlin, Goethe-Institut Nigeria
offers a three months residency for artists and
practitioners from Nigeria, interested in cross-disciplinary theory and practice dealing with ‘the city’.
The residency offers a ‘living & work space’: furnished studio-apartments (half of which have private bathrooms), communal facilities, a platform open for public events, lectures, discussions, screenings, performances and presentations.
Through the partnership with the cultural office of Wedding/Berlin and its communal gallery, the residency offers the possibility of curatorial and artistic mentoring.
Artists should be working professionally in their fields and have a broad range of projects and exhibition experience; practitioners should have some years of professional experience. They are invited to use ZK/U as a platform, and propose their own formats or long-term satellite projects.
- The selection criteria will be based upon the founding concept of ZK/U (http://www.zku-berlin.org/concept/).
- There are no limitations concerning age, all applicant must have Nigerian citizenship though.
- After being selected, Goethe-Institut Nigeria will support the invited residential fellow with airfare to and from Berlin, accommodation (at ZK/U), a monthly stipend and a production budget.
- Curatorial assistance will be provided through Galerie Wedding, ZK/U and SAVVY Contemporary.
Application material (in English)
2. curriculum vitae
3. portfolio, publications and/or catalogs as pdfs
4. long description of your plans for the residency / research or project proposal (max. 5000 characters, pdf maximum size of 5mb).
Please keep in mind the following questions: which discourse or field of practice are you referring to, how do you want to realize your work, how do you want to engage with the other fellows during your stay, what do you need or expect from the residency?
- Please send the 3 PDF documents (15mb maximum combined) through wetransfer to [email protected].
- Additional material can be sent bypost to:
City Hall, Catholic Mission Street, Lagos Island, Lagos.
Enquiries can be sent to [email protected]
or addressed directly at
Goethe-Institut Nigeria, City Hall,
Catholic Mission Street, Lagos Island,Lagos
Apply Now for the Goethe-Institut Lagos-Berlin Residency Program 2016
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Goethe-Institut Lagos-Berlin Residency Program 2016